Are you moving soon, and you’re looking for ways to pack properly? Don’t look any further! Mississippi moving company will help you find the proper ways to pack your precious belongings! Moving can be very tiresome, regardless of the type, the season, or the type of home that you’re moving to. All of those types of moves have one goal – to relocate the items safely from point A to point B. To do that, you will need to use various types of materials and tools. The key to succeeding and keeping your items intact is to use the materials that are appropriate for the items that you’re packing. The neverending debate in the moving sphere is whether you should use the plastic storage bins and boxes, or the cardboard ones. To find out more about the pros and cons of plastic storage bins, keep on reading!
What are the pros of plastic storage bins?
When you’re using packing and unpacking services, you’ll need to choose which types of bins and boxes you will use. There are various pros of plastic storage bins:
- They can handle more mechanical stress. In the case of long-distance relocation, this type of storage bins can come very handy. When the items are being relocated long-distance, you care usually
- The lid seals well, so the moisture won’t get in. This is especially useful if you’re moving during the winter period.
- The plastic can last much longer than the cardboard boxes. They won’t be affected by the moisture or by the mold as easily as the cardboard ones.
- They are stackable – and it’s much less likely that the lid will fail than when it comes to the cardboard boxes.
- You can place more items inside plastic boxes because they can handle more weight. Which consequently allows you to place more items inside. You also don’t have to worry about whether you’ll place too many items.
- You can use them after the move. They are very convenient as a storage space!
- They are reusable, which is very handy if you or someone from your close circle is moving soon after your relocation. Moreover, they come in a variety of different colors which makes them suitable as a storage option in your home.
Why do people choose cardboard boxes over plastic storage bins?
If there are so many pros of using plastic bins, why aren’t they the first choice of people who want to relocate? Once you start researching more about the moving services, you’ll stumble upon an answer – plastic bins are more expensive. You’ll likely have a lot of items that will need to be moved to another place. This means that you won’t be able to have the luxury of placing all of them into the plastic bins. And you shouldn’t do that, either – it’s not necessary. Some of them will do well enough in the cardboard boxes. Those items are usually clothes, linen, soft items, and the ones that aren’t easily damaged. Moreover, if you pack the items properly, you can make the risk of damage smaller.
The cons of using plastic storage bins
While they’re very convenient, there are also many reasons why people use other types of boxes or bins:
- They’re more expensive, even when you get them from reasonably priced movers like Movers Hernando MS.
- It’s harder to get rid of them after the move.
- If you don’t pack your items well, your items might get damaged.
- They have a worse impact on the environment. If you get the cardboard boxes, they’ll degrade in a lot shorter time span.
- Plastic storage bins are much harder to label. You can label simple cardboard boxes with the marker, but not the plastic surfaces since they don’t absorb the ink.
Should you use the cardboard boxes?
The true answer lies in the type of items that you have, so – it depends. If you have fragile items that need quality protection, then, by all means, get the plastic bins for those types of items. Many of them will require specialty boxes as well, so the simple plastic bins might not be the ideal solution. If you want to use the boxes later and have more relocations coming up, then investing in the plastic bins is reasonable. If you’re renting the boxes from the moving companies, this also makes the choice easier. They will pick up your plastic storage bins after you’ve finished moving, and you won’t have to think of what you’ll be using them for after the move, or where you’re going to keep them.
When in doubt – turn to the professionals
It’s easy to get lost in the sea of possibilities. This is especially true when you’re trying to keep all of the aspects of a very complicated move under control. To make sure that you’re making the right decision, give moving professionals a call. You can always ask for the details of their services, for the prices, insurance, and the questions that are related to moving. We’re more than happy to help you! If you’re not sure whether you should get plastic storage bins, plastic boxes, or cardboard boxes, you can give us a call and we’ll do our best to help you make an educated decision. As you can see, there are many pros to using plastic bins, but it’s logical that you want to lessen your costs as much as possible. That’s why getting advice from professionals might help you lessen the moving costs and relocate your items safely. If you feel overwhelmed, you can always give us a call and book a move of your dreams!
packing tipsStorage solutions