Moving from Oxford to Jackson MS – the ultimate guide
Choose the perfect moving experience by putting your trust in
the capable hands of Spyder Moving + Storage
Are you thinking about leaving Oxford and moving to Jackson? Wonder what to expect? If you are not sure whether this is the right decision, check out our ultimate guide on moving from Oxford to Jackson MS, and find out why people leave Oxford and choose Jackson. Besides, find out what kind of changes to expect and how to get used to them. And Spyder Moving and Storage is here to help you with the move.
Why do people leave Oxford?
Although Oxford is a pretty good place to live in, its residents often choose to leave it in the quest for more life and work opportunities. One of the main reasons people leave Oxford MS is the poverty rate which is higher than the national average (31%). The annual salary in Oxford is around $48,600, which is low compared to the national average of $67,000. The overall poverty rate is 14.1%. Thus, Oxford residents mainly move in search of better working conditions and higher salaries. Besides, housing prices in Oxford are higher than in other cities. You can expect to pay $270,000 if you want to buy a house. However, the cost of living in Oxford is lower than the national average.
Another reason people leave Oxford is the crime rate, which is about 19%. Although the violent crime rate is not very low, the property crime rate is very high. These are the main reasons Oxford residents decide to leave the city. And if you are the one who wants to leave it, you can use our moving services Oxford and ensure a safe and smooth move.
Reasons why people move to Jackson MS
In comparison to Oxford, Jackson MS has a lot more to offer. Reasons people leave Oxford and move to the City With Soul are numerous. However, the following are some of the most common ones:
- Affordability: Jackson residents have low living expenses such as groceries, utilities, and transpiration.
- Housing prices: Are below the national average. The median rent is about $800, while the median home price is around $278,200.
- Work options: The job market is pretty stable in comparison to Oxford. The main industries are manufacturing, education, healthcare, banking, and agriculture.
- Entertainment options: Jackson is a city of culture and soul, full of numerous events, festivals, history, and music.
A few words about Jackson
Before we start with the benefits of moving to Jackson, MS, let us say a few words about it. Namely, Jackson is the capital and one of the most populous cities in Mississippi. It got its name after a U. S Army general, Andrew Jackson. Its nickname, the City With Soul, is what defines Jackson. It is a cultural hub due to the music industry, art, and hospitality. Jackson is home to numerous museums, art galleries, and parks. Nature is stunning, and you actually don’t need to go out of the city if you want to enjoy nature. You can simply go to one of the parks, the most notable being Park, LeFleur’s Bluff State Park.
Ready to move to Jackson? Check Spyder Moving and Storage, one of the best moving companies in Mississippi. Ensure a safe move with our moving experts in Oxford and move to Jackson without any hassle.
What to expect when moving from Oxford to Jackson MS
There are many things you can expect when moving from Oxford to Jackson MS. Namely, Jackson, MS, is a business and business hub that offers you work and life balance. The cost of living in Jackson is affordable. Thus, moving here will bring you peace of mind. When moving here, you can expect the following:
- The mild climate: The climate is humid and subtropical and you can expect mild winters.
- Excellent transpiration system: It is easy to navigate the city. Besides, there’s the international airport if you want to travel outside the city.
- A plethora of amenities: Jackson is home to numerous museums, parks, hiking areas, and other recreational places.
- Top-notch education: If you are looking for the best education, there’s no better place than Jackson since it is home to the Public School district with 60 facilities. Besides, Jackson State University is located here.
If City With Soul is your choice, schedule some of the best movers Jackson MS, and seize all the opportunities the city offers.
Best neighborhoods in Jackson MS
The place you live in will largely impact your life. However, no matter whether you are a student, a young adult, or a retiree, Jackson offers amazing neighborhoods for everyone. Each neighborhood has its own charm and feel, and whichever you choose, you won’t regret your decision. Following are some of the most popular places which you’ll fall in love immediately:
- Belhaven: The neighborhood is popular with students (Belhaven University and Millsaps College are located here) and families. It has a strong community system.
- Eastover: A family-friendly neighborhood surrounded by beautiful nature offers its residents peace of mind. Here you can find family houses or luxurious lofts.
- The Fondren: A diverse neighborhood that offers an excellent dining scene and nightlife.
Ready to move to Jackson? Ensure the smoothest move with our packing and unpacking services and move like a pro.
Moving from Oxford to Jackson MS has never been easier
If moving from Oxford to Jackson MS is your final decision, get ready for the move. Moving requires detailed planning and organizing. So, it would be a great idea to have professional help around to make it easier and stress-free. And Spyder Moving and Storage is at your disposal. Our skilled movers will handle your relocation with utmost care and devotion and will treat your belongings as if they were their own. So, don’t wait long. Contact us today, get your moving quote and move without any hassle. Our moving services will make your move easy, fast, and stress-free. We got you covered.
Cross-State Moving Experts