Moving from Lakewood to Parker 101
Choose the perfect moving experience by putting your trust in
the capable hands of Spyder Moving + Storage
Moving to a new city is fun and exciting. If you’re planning on relocating to Parker soon, the best thing you can do for yourself is to be prepared. That, and hiring Spyder Moving and Storage CO, of course. Learning all about the differences between the city you’re currently living in and the city you’re moving to will help you settle in after the move because you’ll know what to expect. We’re sharing everything you need to know when moving from Lakewood to Parker. Move with ease and stress-free knowing all the information necessary!
Everything you should know about moving from Lakewood to Parker
Relocations are a hectic time, and you might not have the time to learn everything about the city you’re moving to right after the move. Instead, get familiar with the city and the differences you can expect before moving to Parker with one of the moving companies Lakewood CO offers. Some of the main changes you’ll feel after moving to Parker from Lakewood are:
- the cost of living
- housing prices
- crime rates
- the job market
The cost of living is higher in Parker
After relocating to Parker, one of the first things you’ll notice is the cost of living compared to Lakewood. The cost of living in Parker is 23% higher than the national average. While that’s not low, and even the moving companies Parker CO offers are well aware of the prices in this town, there are numerous benefits that residents here love. On the other hand, the cost of living in Lakewood is 5% higher than the US average. However, although Parker is more expensive to live in, it remains one of the fastest-growing and best cities to live in Colorado.
Housing is more affordable in Parker
Another one of the most important factors when choosing where to move are housing prices. Considering that Parker is a smaller city with a population of just over 60,000 compared to Lakewood and its population of 167,684, it’s not surprising that buying a house in Parker instead of Lakewood is more manageable for most people. After hiring one of the reliable moving companies CO offers, you’ll probably want to start looking into Parker’s real estate market.
The median house value in Parker is 79% higher than the national average. While the average price for a house in Parker is around $589,000, the average in Lakewood is $810,000. However, the median home value in Lakewood is lower than Parker, although it’s still 48% higher than the national average.
Parker is safer than Lakewood
Safety is a major issue nowadays, and people are flocking to areas with low crime rates. Parker is one such city! The crime rates in Parker are 32% lower than the US average, and 51% lower than the state average. The situation in Lakewood is drastically different. The average crime rate in Lakewood is 139% higher than the US average and 72% higher than the Colorado state average. That’s also one of the main reasons why people are relocating from Lakewood to Parker or other cities.
The job market is excellent in Parker
While the median income is high in both Parker and Lakewood, there are vast differences. The median household income in Parker is 84% higher than the US average, and the unemployment rate is only 3%. On the other hand, the average household income in Lakewood is 5% higher than the country’s average, and unemployment is slightly higher at 4%.
Taking everything into consideration, it’s clear that finding a new job and better employment opportunities will be somewhat easier in Parker.
Things to do in Parker
Parker, Colorado is known for its picturesque setting, with rolling hills, forests, and the South Platte River running through the town.
Here are a few ideas for things to do in the town of Parker:
- Go hiking or biking in the Parker area. The Parker area is home to a variety of beautiful trails that are perfect for hiking or biking.
- Play a round of golf at the Colorado Golf Club. This award-winning golf course is located just outside of Parker and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Visit the Parker Arts, Culture, and Events Center. This venue features various performing arts events, including concerts, theater performances, and dance.
- Explore the Cherry Creek Trail. This popular trail runs from Parker to Denver and is perfect for walking, running, or cycling.
- Visit the Parker Fieldhouse. This facility features a variety of sports courts, an indoor pool, and a rock climbing wall.
- Visit the Parker Recreation Center. This center features a variety of fitness classes, an indoor pool, and a rock climbing wall.
- Go fishing in the South Platte River. The South Platte River is a popular spot for fly fishing and is stocked with a variety of fish species.
- Visit the Parker Chamber of Commerce. This organization provides information on local events and activities in the Parker area.
- Have a picnic in O’Brien Park. This park features a large open field, perfect for a picnic or a game of frisbee.
- Go shopping at the Parker Marketplace. This outdoor shopping center features a variety of stores, restaurants, and a movie theater.
Relocating from Lakewood to Parker is a decision you won’t regret
Moving from one city to another is a bold life choice, but doing so for the right reasons will make all the difference. Moving from Lakewood to Parker is definitely one such instance. While Lakewood is a beautiful city that offers plenty of great opportunities, Parker is great for everyone looking for a calmer and safer city, and a higher life standard. It is one of the best cities in Colorado. Whether you’re moving with your children, after retirement, or for work – you won’t be disappointed!
Cross-State Moving Experts