In the past few decades, the place that the kitchen takes in a home has changed. The role of the kitchen has evolved from a secluded, mysterious place from where food came, to the heart of the home. It is the epicenter of the house, the place where all the conversations and social gatherings are concentrated. The way people update and makeover their kitchens has also evolved over the years. Kitchens have remained the most popular, and most pricy, room to renovate in the home. The median investment in a renovation hovered around $14,000 in 2018. But according to us, that is just too much! You can trust your Spyder Moving team when we say that low-budget kitchen renovation ideas are possible! Reduce spending by following our simple tricks.
Everything will depend on your budget of course:
But not everyone has thousands of dollars laying around in the bank. Not to mention there are also other parts of the house you could remodel. But there is good news when it comes to low-budget kitchen renovation solutions. If you’re one of the 19% of U.S. homeowners who have less than $5,000 for home redecorating, your movers Meridian MS say there’s hope. Even if you’re thinking about spending the majority of that money on your kitchen, you will still be able to make a difference. Economists, realtors, and investors explain that compared to other remodels, like replacing a garage door or roof, investing in your kitchen will have a lower return when the time comes to sell your home. When deciding how you’ll manage your low-budget kitchen renovation fund, think hard about how you’ll use it.
Either way, here are our ideas for an amazing low-budget kitchen renovation:
- Change the paint color
- Update appliances
- Paint or reface the cabinets
- Bring in more light
- Upgrade or remove doors
- Focus on organizing
- Keep an eye on the accents
- Change the color choices on your cabinets or the backsplash
One of the simplest (and cheapest) projects that can easily and quickly transform any room is to change the paint color. The fastest trick would be to paint the walls in a different color. If your kitchen has stayed in the 1990s, or even if it’s rocking the latest all-white craze, you can pick a new color to refresh the look. Warm neutrals are the safest option for your low-budget kitchen renovation. But if you have a monochrome look and want to break it up, use a color that will provide a contrast with the paint. Anticipated price: movers Oxford MS claim that the lowest cost that can be used to revamp a room that’s 10 feet by 12 feet starts at $380. The highest cost would be around $790.
Update appliances for a quick low-budget kitchen renovation
If your appliances are white, or they once were white but they changed to taupe, they’re a good place to start your low-budget kitchen renovation. You might want to think about spending your money on updating your appliances in some way because it will be the quickest way to refresh this room.
- Appliances are expensive, but experts recommend visiting big box stores like Lowe’s and Home Depot, which have kitchen appliances at a largely discounted price. Plus, if you go shopping on a holiday weekend, such are Labor Day or Columbus Day, you may find those discounted appliances at an even lower price. Take care of this upgrade if you know you will live in the same home for several more years. Updating these more expensive items is best when you’re still living there, and you’re still enjoying it.
- Anticipated cost: Appliance packages that include a refrigerator, range, dishwasher, and mi, microwave can come at a lower cost when you consider each appliance, but they will still cost between $2,400 and $3,500 if you don’t get them on sale.
Painting or changing the cabinets doors can be your low-budget kitchen renovation solution
New custom cabinetry is one of the most expensive updates you could make a part of your low-budget kitchen renovation. Cabinets are the largest pieces of furniture in a kitchen and therefore one of the biggest chunks of a renovation budget. But if you have a modest budget, you can still achieve a completely refreshed look with a simple project.
- When it comes to creating a new kitchen look, most homeowners choose to either reface their existing cabinets or paint them. If you are on a tight budget, having your cabinets painted by a professional can make your kitchen look completely different. It is a great low-budget kitchen renovation idea that is also quick and efficient!
- Anticipated price for this project: New laminate cabinets range between $1,000 and $3,000. On the other hand, refacing wood cabinets is more expensive – ranging around $7,000 and $9,000. Lastly, repainting kitchen cabinets goes between $382 and $1,064.
Let there be light
Under-cabinet lighting makes a huge difference when it comes to preparing delicious meals. If you don’t have a lot of natural light, put lighting along the top of cabinets. This will make the empty space feel more intentional. There is a vast array of under-cabinet lighting options that go from $21 at Home Depot. You should also expect to need more than one light strip. Or even a full set of lights to have the proper amount of lighting in this area.
Focus on organizing
If your kitchen doesn’t need a lot of cosmetic updating, you can focus your low-budget kitchen renovation on organizing action. Install in-cabinet racks to keep your pots, pans, and dishes in order. Use separators to conquer the mess in your junk drawers. Find nice and attractive, matching containers to create more space on the counter. How much of your low-budget kitchen renovation fund you’ll spend on these organizational hacks depends on how much stuff you have in your kitchen. Usually, glass and plastic containers often cost less than $10 each. Sliding cabinet organizers can cost from $35 at Walmart to $193 for a full organization kit at The Container Store.after the moveBefore the moveHome improvementhome remodel