You might be wondering how to plan an international move from Memphis? Well, moving preparation is the most important part of a good and successful relocation. Of course, calling residential movers Memphis on time is the other key ingredient. Still, preparing to move can be very stressful. In fact, moving has been proved to be the third most stressful life event, right after death and divorce. On the plus side, we can give you some relocation tips that you can use to make this event less stressful.
Want to plan an international move from Memphis? Start here
As we said, without good preparation, you can’t even expect the move to go smoothly. And finding good and reliable movers in Tennessee is just a start when you want to plan an international move from Memphis. Not all relocation always go as planned, so it happens that someone has to move or relocate urgently. In this case, it’s best to call the experts.
There are theories that claim that preparing too soon for relocation is also not good. You need to get the moving boxes first and write down a relocation plan for your upcoming move from Memphis TN. Moving preparations also include researching your new place of residence or measuring how your old furniture will fit into the new premises. Then you need to make a schedule where things will be arranged and how. So, let’s see where to start.
How to pack for an international move from Memphis
First of all, if you move your office, call commercial movers Memphis. If you move your household, you can start by simply packing things in moving boxes. First, pack the things you won’t need so that you don’t have to take them out of the box and you haven’t even moved yet. For example, you can start by packing seasonal clothes. If everything from your furniture fits in your new home, then you are good. But, if not – then you are in trouble. You will have to change the plan and place items in a different way – or even throw it away.
How to start with moving preparation
The very event of moving itself is a process that requires time, mostly because you need to prepare and organize everything. With this, most people are surprised how long it really takes to get everything organized and prepared. That’s why professional packing services save up a lot of time and energy. It often happens that things eventually become chaotic just because relocation is not taken seriously. Researches show that most people need up to four weeks to get ready! This is because packing takes time, and it can take from a couple of hours to even a couple of days.
Get rid of things that no longer serve you
Almost everyone in their homes, but also in the workplace, have a handful of some items, books, clothes, various materials, which are never used but take up space unnecessarily. And all of that is somehow not a problem until you start moving things from place to place, from apartment to apartment, because it takes your time, effort, and energy.
So before packing, sort everything nicely, separate it, and then get rid of all those things that belong to this category and give them to those who need them, or simply throw them away if they are unusable. In that way, you won’t bring items into a new space you don’t normally use anymore, and therefore you won’t take up space in the transport of all furniture, boxes, bags and so on.
Make a moving checklist
One of the few good things about moving is that you are not the only one moving. One in eight households relocates annually, thus providing a rich source of experience on how to do it best. In general, most of the people who move have agreed on one thing, and that is that you need a checklist. A checklist will help you before, during, and after your move. it can keep you on track as the day of relocation approaches and will help you not to forget some of the things you need to do.
Advantages of hiring a licensed moving company
Here are just some of the advantages of hiring a professional relocation company for your international relocation from Memphis:
- Hiring professionals is a great option that will save you a lot of time and energy. Besides, hiring a relocation agency is a cost-effective option that will also make you significant cost savings.
- Professionals know how to handle moving items. Highly trained staff in moving companies know how to safely and securely handle valuables or bulky furniture. In this way, companies ensure the quality of your belongings, eliminating the possibility of their loss or damage in the process of moving.
- Dealing with paperwork. Obtaining appropriate customs and non-customs documentation when moving internationally is another great advantage when it comes to hiring professionals.
- They have professional moving equipment. International moving companies have machines for lifting and carrying heavy loads (forklifts, cranes, etc). It is not easy to handle these bulky and voluminous items on your own, but authorized companies can save you from those kinds of troubles and problems.
- Security of your belongings. Companies insure goods and belongings, guaranteeing that your belongings will reach their final destination safely.
- Experience and knowledge of international regulations. Professionalized companies are very familiar with international regulations, customs, and rules that are a vital element when moving to another country.