Determining how much packing supplies to prepare for the packing process is always difficult. If you prepare a moving inventory list before you go hunting for packing supplies it will be much easier for you to determine the exact number of boxes that you will need. On the other hand, if creating the moving inventory list seems like a big hassle, there are ways to determine the approximate amount of the moving supplies without knowing the exact number of your household items. Of course, the easiest way to avoid counting your items, supply hunting, and packing is to hire packing and unpacking services.
Nevertheless, some people have trouble accepting that strangers will go through their items, so many of them decide to pack alone. And if you are a person who plans to pack alone, surely you would like to find a way to know how much packing materials to prepare for this process.
Which packing materials will you need to pack your home?
First, you need to know what packing materials you will need to prepare. Of course, there are expensive and cheaper materials. Plastic moving containers are much expensive than cardboard boxes, for example. But how to determine which boxes to use? Cardboard boxes are strong and good enough for every standard household move. Plastic boxes are necessary when you have fragile items that you want to protect. Or if you have sensitive items that you plan to store in a storage unit. In any case, it would be best that the majority of your boxes are cardboard, and to get few plastic ones, as well.
Besides boxes, you will need a few other things. Plastic bags, bubble plastic, stretch wrap, packing tapes, moving blankets. Unfortunately, the list of packing supplies required to properly pack a home does not end there. Then again, bear in mind that movers Tupelo MS will not only pack your items with great care. But, they will also provide all those materials if you decide to use their packing and unpacking services.
List of packing materials required for packing a home
- Cardboard boxes are the most important thing to think about when you are trying to calculate how much packing supplies to prepare for packing your home. There are usually four sizes, small, medium, large and extra-large.
- Wardrobe cardboard boxes allow you to hang your clothes inside the box.
- Mirror boxes are specially designed to keep your mirror safe inside the moving truck.
- Dish packs are good for packing your kitchenware.
- Mattress box will keep your mattress clean and safe during a move.
- Plastic containers are also important, especially if you are planning to store some items in a storage unit.
- Bubble plastic is also important to prepare. You can find it in sheets or in a roll.
- Stretch wrap is one of the essential packing materials. Prepare few rolls for your move, as well.
- Large plastic trash bags are something that can always be useful during a move. Make sure that you get a few rolls of trash bags, too.
- Moving blankets will help you to protect your expensive furniture, get a few of those.
- Packing peanuts can be good to fill in the gaps inside the boxes. But they can sometimes cause lots of mess. And, to protect yourself and the items that peanuts are supposed to shield, put peanuts in small plastic bags instead of pouring them directly in the box.
- Labels and permanent markers will help you to mark boxes with fragile items.
How much packing supplies you will need depends on a few factors
Of course, the amount of moving boxes required to pack a home depends on the size of your home. But two houses of the same size are going to need a different amount of packing supplies. Because it also depends on how many people are living there.
However, two houses of the same size and with an equal number of tenants can also require a different amount of packing supplies because of different lifestyles. Some people like the minimalistic approach when decorating their home, and they will need a significantly smaller amount of packing materials from those who live in the cluttered house of the same size.
Another thing that could affect the size of your inventory and thus the required amount of packing supplies is the location of your new home. If you are moving to Florida, you can get rid of the part of your winter clothes, for example. That can significantly lower the required amount of packing sullies.
Of course, the time you spent in your current home could also be a significant factor. And with all those different factors you can’t really tell exactly how much packing supplies you will need to prepare. Luckily, there are some approximate estimates.
How much packing supplies you will need for 400-700 square feet home?
Of course, these are just approximate estimates, but for a 400-700 square feet home, you will need to prepare 7-15 small cardboard boxes. Medium boxes are most important to have, so prepare around 20 of those. Large boxes are good for packing lighter items, like beddings, for example. Six of those should be enough for the home of this size. You can also get 2-3 extra-large boxes if you have some light oddly shaped items.
How much packing supplies you will need for 700-1250 square feet home?
For the 700-1250 square feet home, you will usually need to prepare 17-23 small boxes. Around 25 medium boxes should be enough. As well as 10 large boxes. Again, if you have some weirdly shaped objects, usually toys, you can prepare several extra-large boxes.
How much packing supplies you will need for 1200-1700 square feet home?
For larger homes, prepare at least 40 small cardboard boxes. If you have a large library, for example, you can add to this amount. In addition, no less than 50 medium-sized cardboard boxes are required to pack an average home of this size. Those also replace small boxes, but you have to be careful not to overweight them. Also, prepare at least 20 large boxes and 10-15 extra-large ones.
You won’t have to worry about how much packing supplies to prepare if you hire packing services
Packing on your own has some advantages. You can take as much time as you want. The strangers will not go through your personal belongings. And that’s about it. On the other hand, hiring local movers MS means that you won’t have to worry about how much packing supplies to prepare. You don’t have to pack your items but they will be professionally packed anyway. Moreover, it means that you do not have to unpack at the destination. And your movers will even clean the rubbish left after unpacking. So think, do you really want to pack on your own?hiring professional helpmake moving simplermoving preparationpacking tips