Packing a bathroom for moving is a little bit different than preparing the rest of your home. Even if you hired a professional packing service. You won’t let your long distance movers pack your cosmetics and personal hygiene items. So you will have to pack this part of your home on your own. Luckily, packing your bathroom is simple. Prepare suitable packing materials, sort things, and start packing. If you follow this guide, it shouldn’t take you more than two hours to do it. Let’s begin.
You will be in charge of packing a bathroom when moving even if you hired professional help
If you are moving to Tennessee with professional help, and if they will be packing your home, most of the time you would want to pack the bathroom personally. It is not very appropriate to let your movers go through your towels, toothbrushes, cosmetics, and such. Therefore, people usually want to pack their bathroom before movers arrive.
How are you standing with packing materials?
In a situation where you hire packing and unpacking services, they are usually in charge of the packing supplies as well. This usually means that you do not have cardboard boxes nor bubble plastic sheets at your disposal. So you will need to go out and get supplies for packing your bathroom. Or you will need to find alternative ideas in your home.
Of course, it all depends on the size of your bathroom, and how many items you have to pack. That is usually correlated with the number of people in your home. Anyway, here is what you will need.
Items you will need to efficiently pack your bathroom for moving
As mentioned above, you can either go out to buy proper packing materials. Or you can use the items that you already have in your home.
Packing materials to buy
- Cardboard boxes are the most important things when you want to pack a bathroom when moving.
- Bubble plastic to protect fragile pieces
- Packing tape to secure it all
- Vacuum Bags are great to reduce the volume of your towels, for example
- Labels and markers to inform the carrier of the box’s fragile content
It is good to mention that before you go out to buy packing supplies, you need to determine how many boxes and wraps you actually need. You do not want to waste money on buying too many. On the other hand, you also need to have enough for what you need.
Alternative packing solutions
- Suitcases, travel bags, and backpacks can often replace boxes
- Your laundry basket can carry your towels, bathrobes, and similar
- Drawers can be a good way to transport some of your items
- Use old newspapers or even your sox to wrap bottles and other fragile items
Of course, alternative packing ideas are numerous. And surely you can find other items that can serve the purpose.
Sort your inventory before you start packing your bathroom
Now that you have prepared your packing supplies you can start dealing with your items. Obviously, you can start grabbing things from your shelves and loading your boxes (or suitcases). Or you can prepare a strategy that will ease the imminent unpacking process.
As already mentioned, it shouldn’t take more than two hours to pack your bathroom when relocating. And that includes the planning as well. However, this doesn’t include your bathroom furniture and appliances. You can leave this part to your Tennessee long distance movers. Therefore, devote thirty minutes to build a strategy. You will be happy that you did this when you start unpacking.
How to plan your bathroom packing strategy
Preparing your bathroom packing strategy is no brainer. You just need to sort your items. Either by size or type. Whatever you think suits you. To remind you about what to expect here are the usual items that you can find in a bathroom.
Common items that can be found in a bathroom
- Bath sheets, towels, robes, rugs
- Bath mats, rugs, and shower mats
- Shower curtains
- Window curtains
- Toothbrushes and toothbrush holder
- Laundry basket
- Soap, soap dish, dispensers
- Cosmetic bags
- Blow dryer, hairdryer, trimmers, curlers, flat iron
- Combs, brushes, and other hair accessories
- Bath soaps, salts, bubbles
- Paper towels and holder
- Toilet paper and holders
- Towel bars, towel rings
- Bath scale
- Shelves, decorative ledges, free-standing cabinetry, storage baskets, boxes, drawers, and other furniture
Look at this list. Compare it to your packing materials. It should give you a clue on how to sort your items.
How to pack your bathroom
Once you prepared your packing strategy and sorted your items, you can start packing. The most important part when packing your toiletries is to watch out for the fragile items.
- Bottles, jars, mirrors, are all very fragile. So you need to make sure they are individually wrapped in bubble plastic, newspapers, or even your sox. If you have a large mirror, you can even buy a mirror box for it.
- Unfortunately, glass objects are not the only fragile items. So are your hairdryer, flat iron, or trimmer. Of course, the best way to pack those is to use the original packaging. If you do not have it, wrap them in a few layers of bubble plastic before you put them in a box with the rest of your stuff.
- To pack your towels, bathrobes and similar, use vacuum bags. They are easy to handle, they will simplify your packing process, keep your stuff from dirt, and greatly reduce their volume. So, get vacuum bags before you start packing.
- Finally, make sure that you clearly label boxes with fragile items. This will alert your movers that the box contains sensitive items, and unpacking will be much easier.
Don’t try to speed up the packing process
Those are the main guidelines for packing your bathroom when moving. Fortunately, the process is not long. Of course, you can speed things up even more by not thinking about anything except filling your boxes. But that will cost you once you start unpacking at your new home.Before the movemake moving simplermoving preparationpacking tips