Contemplating a move to Tennessee – what to expect?
Choose the perfect moving experience by putting your trust in
the capable hands of Spyder Moving + Storage
So, you’re thinking of moving to Tennessee? It’s pretty understandable why you are contemplating a move to Tennessee, since it has a lot to offer in terms of both private and professional life. However, if you wonder whether to move or not, that’s okay too. You’ve come to the right place. Spyder Moving and Storage is here to help you decide whether Tennessee is suitable for you. To help you out on this matter and make it easier to decide, we have prepared a list of things you can expect if you move to Tennessee. Let’s go!
The state itself is simply lovely, and the Appalachian Mountains are a sight to behold, paired with the mighty Mississippi River. There is so much history and culture to the state that can’t be transitioned into words. And if you love music, you’re in the right place since the music scene is as hot as ever. There are so many things to see and do in the Volunteer State. But, before you hire best moving companies in Memphis TN, and start packing, you still need a bit more information.
A bit of trivia before we begin
Tennessee is situated in the southeast part of the United States and borders states such as Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky, Alabama, and North Carolina. The Appalachian Mountains overlook the eastern part of the state and heavily dominate the geographical landscape. The history of Tennessee starts way back in the 16th century when the Spanish explorers discovered this territory. One of the first discovered settlements was a Cherokee town called Tanasi, and this is where the state got its name. Later, Tennessee played a key role in the Civil War, providing the Confederate States with a huge number of soldiers. And thus, it earned the nickname Volunteer State.
Tennessee welcomes everyone with open arms. The booming economy, no income tax, and beautiful nature are just some of the things that draw in more and more people each year. So, start planning your move to Tennessee, pick your commercial movers, and start a new chapter in your life like a pro.
Reasons for contemplating a move to Tennessee
There are many reasons why people choose to move to Tennessee. As previously said, Tennessee offers no state income taxes, and property tax rates are pretty low. And if you add a booming economy and thriving job market to these, you’ll get a whole package. However, living conditions are not the only benefits of moving to the Volunteer Country. Namely, Tennessee offers more than just good economic conditions. Following are some of the reasons why people choose Tennessee as their new home:
- Great cities to live in: The most popular cities are Memphis, Nashville, Senatobia, Knoxville, and many others. And if Memphis, is the first on your moving list, you can count on long distance movers Memphis to help you with your relocation.
- Affordable cost of living: the cost of living in Tennessee is cheaper than the national average – reason enough to move to the Volunteer country.
- Job opportunities: Mixed with an affordable cost of living, a thriving job market makes Tennessee a perfect country to settle down and start a family.
- Education: If you are moving with kids, Tennessee will be your alley. The state offers many public and private schools. It gives your kids a chance to make their first steps in the world. The best schools and universities can be found in Memphis and Nashville. Thanks to the Tennessee Promise Program, parents can send their kids to school for free.
- Amazing culture and art scene: Tennessee is known for its great music scene, a wide array of museums and galleries, and other historical sites, which makes it perfect for educating your kids.
All these reasons are enough for you to start contemplating a move to Tennessee.
Contemplating a move to Tennessee? These are the most popular cities
Although Memphis is the first city that comes to our minds when mentioning Tennessee, there are many other cities you can settle down happily. Such cities are Nashville, Nashville, Senatobia, Knoxville, and others. Following are some of the main traits of these fabulous cities:
- Memphis: Reasons to move here are plenty. However, the most important one is the low cost of living. The next main reason is education. There are more than 300 private and public schools in Memphis. The Healthcare system is also one of the main reasons why people move here. On the whole, Memphis has it all.
- Nashville: It’s one of the fastest-growing cities in Tennessee. The cost of living is 3% lower than the national average. It has a growing job market, and it’s perfect for those searching for the best education (Nashville is often called the “Athens of the South.” You can choose between Vanderbilt University, Belmont University, Lipscomb University, Fisk University, and Tennessee State University. Besides, the city is perfect for musicians, so it’s no wonder it’s called the “Capital City of Country Music.”
- Senatobia: Located 30 miles from Memphis, Senatobia is a perfect place to escape the Memphis crowd but still be close to it. It is a growing community, offering a superb quality of life with a lot of work and education opportunities. It offers affordable homes, retail shopping, and a plethora of outdoor activities, which is perfect for moving with children. So, if it sounds like a suitable place to settle down, hire our Senatobia MS movers to help you with the move.
The costs of living in the state
Finances and living costs are the main reasons people move, and Tennessee is no exception. Compared to the rest of the States, the living cost here is roughly 20% lower. General expenses like utilities, groceries, and housing are on the lower end of the spectrum. Health and transportation services, however, go slightly over the average. One of the most notable things is the fact that there are no income taxes in Tennessee. The exception to this is investments as a source of income. The property taxes are also way below the average standard. The employment market is stable, with the main employers being the government, universities, and medical institutions. When it comes to the private sector, companies like Amazon, Nissan, and Asurion are the top employers. The unemployment rate in Tennessee is roughly 2.4%, which is half the national average.
Volunteer State is the cultural hub
A stable economy and good employment are the main reasons for moving. However, culture is also important when it comes to quality of life. Tennessee is home to the legends such as President Andrew Johnson, Davie Crocket, and Jack Daniels. If you are a history buff, you will have a great time in Tennessee. A wide range of museums, galleries, and historical sites contribute to this. Since music is an essential part of the culture, it’s not surprising that many historical sites are music-related. Famous locations such as the Sun Recording Studio and the legendary Graceland can call Tennessee their home. Many music stars, such as B.B. King, Aretha Franklin, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, and others started their careers here.
Contemplating a move to Tennessee, you have to be aware of the climate
The Gulf of Mexico impacts the climate of the state the most. In addition, it is the cause of a large amount of yearly precipitation. You can expect hot summers, mild winters, and springs with plenty of rainfall. There is a dry period from August to October. The climate, in general, is considered to be humid subtropical, with some parts of the Appalachian being an exception. These areas have a humid continental climate, given the fact that the mountain areas are generally cooler. So, if you’re contemplating a move to Tennessee, you might want to consider the weather.
Tips for moving to Tennessee
Before we wrap up our guide for moving to Tennessee, there are a few more things you might find helpful. So far, we have presented you with a list of things you can expect from the Volunteer State. As a parting gift, we leave you with a couple of tips and tricks to make your move easier.
So, before you hire our reliable residential movers, keep these suggestions in mind. Here’s what you should consider:
- Tennesse doesn’t have mandatory moving permits. However, larger municipalities may enforce certain parking limitations. So, before you move, contact your chosen city authorities and ask if there are any special requirements for your relocation vehicle.
- The best time to move to Tennessee is in the fall or winter. But, if you absolutely must move in the summertime, check the local weather report for any thunderstorms or tornado alerts. You can never be too prepared!
- Between April and October, there are a great number of festivals all over Tennessee. It, consequently, causes large queues and unavoidable traffic jams. So if you want to bypass the masses and ensure a smooth relocation, check the event calendar. It will make your move less stressful and even faster.
How to prepare for the move
If you’ve decided to move to Tennessee, here are some useful tips and tricks to make your move easier:
- First and foremost, contact professional local moving companies Memphis and get your moving quote.
- Make a list of inventories and create a strong moving plan.
- Obtain the necessary documents.
- Purchase the right packing supplies.
- Start packing (pack room by room, starting from one of your highest priorities).
- Declutter as you pack. Make a garage sale or giveaway.
- Make a floor plan for your new home.
- Use storage services to make your move simple and ensure the safety of your belongings.
Move to Tennesse with Spyder Moving and Storage
Have you been contemplating a move to Tennessee for a long time? Made a final decision to move to the Volunteer State? Great choice. This decision will change your life in many positive ways. It will be a fresh new start. And, there’s no better way to start with moving preparations than to contact us and get a tailored moving plan. Reach us today, get your moving quote, and ensure a stress-free move. We guarantee a seamless move – it’s a promise!
Cross-State Moving Experts