Get Your Free Moving Quote
"*" indicates required fields
Thank you for choosing Spyder Moving. Over the years Spyder Served hundreds of clients who had all kinds of special requests. When working for you, our moving team will make every effort to do what you ask for. However, there are times when a client’s needs and special requests might come with certain risks, and we cannot be responsible for the outcome of these requests. In order to avoid any misunderstandings on the actual day of the move, please read carefully our company’s policy below.
- Moving Cost. The final cost of your move will be determined by multiplying the actual number of hours our moving crew had worked by the hourly rate indicated on your estimate. Travel time, the volumet of packing materials used, the amount of valuation coverage and any will be added to the final cost of your move. All jobs are subject to 2 hours minimum.
- Labor Time. Labor time starts upon the arrival of our crew at your location and ends upon the departure from your final destination. Labor time is calculated based on 15 minutes increments at the rate indicated on the estimate. Any travel between the origin and the destination is considered to be part of the labor time.
- Arrival time frame. Please keep in mind that we do not provide a specific time of arrival. We offer 2 hour arrival time frames for all jobs scheduled in the am and 3 hour arrival time frames for all the jobs scheduled in the afternoon. Spyder takes pride in showing up on time, however, there are situations that are beyond our control. In case if our crew will arrive at your location late, you will receive a $15.00 compensation for each hour that we are late.
- Client presence. The client or an authorized representative must be present during the move at all times. It is the client’s responsibility to do a final walk-through inspection of the premises to ensure we have taken and delivered everything. Our time runs continuously until all tools and equipment are back in the truck and payment is completed.
- Wrapping Materials. We provide free moving blankets for all moving jobs. However, we do not provide free packing tape to secure our pads around the furniture. It is up to you to decide if you want to use our tape or to purchase your own. Learn about prices on our “Prices and Supplies” page.
- Packing Materials. Our trucks carry a standard set of boxes: 5 small, 5 medium, 5 large, 5 dish-packs, 5 picture boxes, 5 wardrobes, and 1 bundle of white paper. If you feel like there will be some packing for us to be done, please make sure to inform us ahead of time, Otherwise, we’ll be limited to our supplies. All boxes and supplies used on your move are subject to additional charges unless specified. in your moving estimate. Learn about prices on our “Prices and Supplies” page.
- Additional Services. In the event unknown additional services are required to perform your move, these costs will be in addition to the amount stated in your moving estimate. Such services and applicable charges will be based upon the prices and rates in effect on the date of issue of your quote. Learn about prices on our “Prices and Supplies” page.
- Waiting Time. In case if our crew arrives at your location as agreed, but you’re not ready for us to start the job, you will be billed for our waiting time. Please understand that you are holding up our team by not being ready for the move.
- Parking. Two parking spaces (to accommodate a 26-foot long moving truck) should be provided/secured by the client. The parking spot has to be located within 75 feet of the entrance. In case if a parking permit is needed, it is the client’s responsibility to inform Spyder Moving. All parking permits have to be obtained by the client unless otherwise indicated on the move plan. In case if there is no parking space available next to the origin/delivery location and the moving truck needs to be parked in a non-permitted space, it is the client’s responsibility to cover the cost of any parking tickets issued to Spyder Moving.
Long Distance Moving
- Moving Cost. The final cost of your long-distance move is being determined by the mileage, weight, and the space your shipment takes up on the truck. Learn about rates on our “Prices and Supplies” page.
- Payment. Balance due must be paid upon the delivery before the actual offloading of the goods.
- Payment Forms. The deposit can be paid using any major credit card online or over the phone. Delivery balance due has to be in form of cash, certified bankers check or postal money order made out to “Spyder Moving Services LLC”.
- Pick-up. We provide our clients with a specific date for the pick-up of your long-distance shipment. If we said we will be there – we will be there.
- Delivery time frame. Spyder Moving provides two pricing options on all long-distance deliveries: Standard Business Delivery and Express Delivery. Please keep in mind that your delivery time frame starts from your first available delivery date unless otherwise specified in the contract. Learn more about delivery time frames on our “Prices and Supplies” page.
- Driving hours and mileage. Please keep in mind that due to DOT regulations, we are obligated to stop driving after 600 miles or 10 hours of driving, whichever occurs first. In case of traffic or bad weather conditions, we would be forced to postpone your delivery.
- Additional services. In the event unknown additional services are required to perform your move, these costs will be in addition to the amount stated in your moving estimate. Such services and applicable charges will be based upon the prices and rates in effect on the date of issue of your quote. Learn about prices on our “Prices and Supplies” page.
- Waiting Time. In case if our moving team arrives at your location as agreed, but you are not ready for us to start the job, you will be billed for our waiting time. Please understand that you are holding up our team by not being ready for the move.
- Parking. Two parking spaces (to accommodate a 26-foot-long moving truck) should be provided/secured by the client. A parking spot has to be located within 75 feet of the entrance. In case if a parking permit is needed, it is the client’s responsibility to inform Spyder Moving. All parking permits have to be obtained by the client unless otherwise indicated on the move plan. In case if there is no parking space available next to the origin/delivery location and the moving truck needs to be parked in a non-permitted space, it is the client’s responsibility to cover the cost of any parking tickets issued to Spyder Moving.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
- For a full deposit refund please make sure to cancel within 48 hours after confirming your reservation and 7 business days prior to the actual move. Any cancellations after 48 hours and within less than 7 business days before the move may cause a total loss of your deposit. The cancellation fee of $175 will be applied. Please note: if you are canceling a move that is less than 7 business days out – your deposit will not be refunded.
- Any reschedules have to be confirmed with your sales representative at least 7 business days prior to the move. Please note that rates are subject to change based on availability and dates.
- Please note that rescheduling of the move will be accompanied by a $75.00 service fee.
- Any promotional items (i.e. flyers, coupons, third party vendor/website special offers, promo codes, any online promotional deals or certificates) have to be submitted and redeemed before the actual booking of the move and will not be accepted after the reservation has been completed.
- No promotional items can be applied towards moving requests based on discounted rates. Rates are subject to change based on availability and can be seen on the www.spydermoving.com moving calculator form.
- Two and more promotional items cannot be combined.
- Returns of any promotional items purchased through a third-party vendor/website have to be processed directly through the seller/distributor of the promotional item.
- Please note: purchase of any promotional item through a third-party vendor/website does not guarantee any availability or fixed price for services to be rendered. Rates are subject to change based on availability.
- Spyder Moving is not a junk removal company but we can definitely take care of the unwanted items. Any disposal services have to be approved and confirmed by our staff prior to the move.
- All disposal services are subject to additional charges (unless otherwise specified on the estimate). Charges will be applied as follows:
- a) $10.00 per article – Small items (chairs, end tables, small bookshelves, boxes, etc.).
- b) $20.00 per article – Medium items (tables, recliners, rockers, cribs, etc.).
- c) $40.00 per article – Large items (desks, dressers, bed frames, ).
- d) $100.00 per article – Oversized items (i.e. mattress, armoire, love seat, sofa, etc.).
3. Spyder reserves the right to decline any requests on disposal services without any further explanations.
- Damages and claims. Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department. Applicable notes about these damages must be made in writing on the bill of lading on the day of your move before movers leave your premises. Our company standards do assume a full inspection of furniture by both our movers and clients. However, the final inspection is the responsibility of the client. Our clients can sign a bill of lading upon completion of a move. It reads “The above services were rendered and all goods delivered in good order, except as noted”. For any insurance company, this document is critical in noting charges the same day, to ensure the damage occurred that day and that coverage could be provided. Unless payment is made in full as is due we are not required to answer or process a claim. Do not assume you may deduct the money from the final bill to compensate yourself in the event of damage. This is ILLEGAL.
- Moving of a refrigerator. We only move empty freezers/refrigerators. Please empty the contents for safe moving. Spyder will not take responsibility for the mechanical condition of the item.
- Moving of a grandfather clock. Requires Team Top. Team Top will not be responsible for removing the pendulum, chimes, and weights. Team Top will gladly take down the pendulum and weights using cloth in order not to leave any marks, secure gongs, bases, and chime rods. Weights will be labeled by Spyder. Weights and pendulum will also be accurately and individually pack. The clock itself will be blanket wrapped and crated around with double-walled cardboard. Upon delivery, everything will be unpacked and reinstalled. Please note: The clock mechanism has to be stopped by you, the owner. We will not be able to do that. We will also not be able to set up the time, start the mechanism or perform any adjustments to the mechanism upon the delivery.
- Moving of an aquarium. Any aquarium to be moved has to be completely empty. Spyder will not disassemble, reassemble or install any aquarium. Please consult with a proper professional prior to the move.
- Moving of piano. Piano moves have to be confirmed in detail with our staff prior to the move. Piano moving services are subject to additional charges:
a) $120.00 Upright Piano (Charge of $120.00 per each additional flight of stairs will be applied – Requires Team Top)
b) $240.00 Baby Grand Piano – Requires Team Top (Charge of $240.00 per each additional flight of stairs will be applied)
c) $360.00 Antique Piano – Requires Team Top (Charge of $360.00 per each additional flight of stairs will be applied)
Thank you for choosing Spyder Moving Services to serve your moving needs. Spyder Moving Services has been committed to serving you, the client. In order to avoid misunderstandings, we would like you to read the following information.
- All charges must be paid in full before any claim filing can be placed by the client.
- All claims must be submitted within 15 days of delivery.
- Upon completion of the job, it is the client’s responsibility to inspect the truck to make sure nothing has been left behind.
Client’s Declaration of Value
Option A – Limited Liability
As a licensed common carrier, we are required to provide limited liability coverage at no charge to the client. Under this option maximum liability is limited to $.60 per pound per article, in the event of damage or loss.
Option B – Full Replacement Coverage
With Depreciated Value Protection a claim settlement will be either the cost to repair or a cash payment of the depreciated value of an article.
Spyder Moving claim department uses a depreciation chart to determine any cash payment settlement under this coverage. The charge for this option is at a rate of $10 per $1000 declared value. For example, to purchase coverage for a $10,000 declared shipment value, the charge will be $100. This protection carries a $250 deductible value, with a min. coverage sold of $75.00.
The maximum amount that can be covered with this plan is $100,000 and the minimum amount of coverage needed for option B is determined by multiplying the size of the shipment by $30 per cubic foot. For example: if the goods to be moved total 850 cubic ft., at the rate of $30 per cubic ft. the minimum amount to be covered is $25,500. However, it is the client’s responsibility to choose the proper amount of coverage. If the full declared value is not taken, a penalty will be incurred based on the ratio between the actual value and the declared shipment. For example: if $20,000 worth of goods were moved, yet only $10,000 worth of coverage was purchased, the payment for any damage would be adjusted downward by one-half ($10,000-$20,000)
Important Note: Valuation coverage is not insurance. Valuation is a tariff level of the carrier’s liability in the event of the loss or damage of your goods while under the due course of transit by Spyder Moving. This type of coverage is unique to carriers alone and therefore it is important for the client to understand what valuation does and does not cover.
Option C – Full Replacement Coverage
Full replacement coverage is based on a minimum declared value of $7.00 per pound and $28.00 per cubic foot. The charge for this option will be $20.00 per $1,000.00 of valuation. This option carries a $500.00 deductible value with a minimum coverage charge of $100.00.
Option D – Third Party Insurance
Coverage through a third-party insurance company has to be done directly by the shipper, prior to the move. Goods released to Spyder Moving at a valuation of $0.60 per each pound per article.
Coverage options A, B, and C do not apply to:
- Any article of extraordinary nature or value, unless a special agreement has been stipulated to do so. Including but not limited to jewelry, furs, stocks, bonds, cash, antiques, and art collections.
- Loss or damage resulting from wear and tear, moths or vermin, dampness of atmosphere, or extremes of temperature.
- Acts or omissions of the shipper, such as neglecting to prepare for the time of shipment.
- Internal/external electronic or mechanical items, whether packed or unpacked by Spyder Moving or the shipper.
- Loss or damage consisting of breakage to fragile items, such as china, glassware, etc., unless packed and unpacked by Spyder Moving or unless caused directly by fire, theft, collision, or overturn of the transport vehicle.
- Marbles – Due to the fragility of such items in most cases for reasons beyond our control, Spyder Moving will not take responsibility in terms of any type of coverage.
- Press-Wood (Particle Board) items. Due to the fragility of such items, they must be properly disassembled. Otherwise, Spyder Moving will not take responsibility in terms of any type of coverage.
- All Electronic Items – Spyder Moving is not responsible for any internal/external damage to electronic or mechanical items, whether packed or unpacked by Spyder Moving or the shipper.
Cross-State Moving Experts